How to prevent catching the COVID-19
As there is currently no vaccine to prevent catching the coronavirus, you must take simple measures to help reduce the risk of catching it.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap by following the safe hand washing procedure which is given by the World Health Organisation.
- Wet hands with water and apply enough soap to cover all hand surfaces
- Rub hands palm to palm, then right interlace fingers and rub
- Palm to back of hand interlacing – both sides
- Rotating hand around thumb – both sided
- Cup hand and rotate fingers of opposite palm of hand – both sides
- Right palm around left fingers – vise versa
- Rub wrists – both sides
- Rinse hands with water, palms facing down
- Dry thoroughly with a single use towel
- Turn the tap off with the towel and dispose
To help understand the importance of proper hand washing techniques, watch this video which demonstrates these techniques with black paint on white gloves.
- Cover your nose and moth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze. It is not advisable to use a handkerchief at this time.
- Avoid close contact with anyone around you. Try to keep a 1.5 meter distance between each other at all times. To visualize this, make sure neither person can touch each other when extending their arm out fully.
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Continue to eat beneficial foods which help keep your immune system strong, such as blueberries for antioxidants, oranged for Vitamin C, dark green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach and red capiscums to name a few.
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean or if you thoroughly washed them recently with soap
- Go outside for an unnecessary reason. Necessary reasons as of 7/04/2020 stated by the government are:
- For your own health care
- To care for someone else
- To shop for what you need
- To work or study
- To exercise
- To visit your romantic partner
Try to obey these, as failing to do so may result in a hefty fine.
- Shake hands with anyone/avoid unnecessary contact with others
All staff here at Online Consulting are taking these measures to ensure the safety of ourselves and you.